A very filling and detoxifying vegetable and lentil soup. It took a total of 45 minutes to make. I made a lot to last me throughout the week because I’m getting very close to the start of pre-lim exams and making food just isn’t something I have time for, so being able to grab a bowl of soup and chuck it in the microwave is just what I need.
//My own simple soup recipe//
- 3 to 4 cups dissolved vegetable or chicken stock
- 3 large carrots (peeled and cut into disks)
- 1 large onion (cut into large cubes/wedges/chunks)
- 4 zucchinis (cut into disks)
- 2 small sweet potatoes
- 1 tin of lentils (include brine)
- broccoli leaves or cabbage leaves (about 2 handfuls)
- 2 handfuls spinach
- 2 tsps garlic salt
- 1 tsp salt
- 1tsp pepper
Boil stock first. Then add ingredients in order of list above. Let it boil for 3-5 mins, then reduce to simmer f0r 25-30 mins (or until vegetables are soft), do a taste test to ensure it is seasoned enough. Enjoy.